Thursday, September 13, 2012

Off To London and the Bridge


Woke up at an ungodly hour (8:00 A.M) and hopped on the bus to go to London for the day with the group. Most everyone slept, Justin in this case on my shoulder. I managed to stay awake and listened to the new Peter Gabriel CD. Love him by the way. Superb Artist. So I don't know whose bright idea it was to take 24 people to go see the changing of the guard at Buckingham palace but we went anyway, got separated a few times but all in all it was fun. It was the second time I had seen it and I got a pretty good view by hopping Justin's 6 foot 3 inch shoulders. I had many people ask me to take pictures and I got some good ones myself.  The whole city was still in Olympic Mode, and so it was insanely crowded and  there were blockades everywhere. We then passed by Westminster Abbey and walked up and down White Hall. Got lunch, walked around some more and then hopped back on the bus to go home. Now it was Emily's 21st birthday so most everyone was going out to a club called Bridge to celebrate so I got my second wind, freshened up and off we went. I won't divulge into the details here but it was definitely a night to remember. Both good and bad, I look forward to going back. 

The Front of Westminster Abbey! One of my favorite places in the world

Justin and I on the coach to London!

Buckingham Palace


Apparently side entrances were a big deal back then. Westminster Abbey.

House of Parliment. Love the way the sun comes through on this one!

Big Ben!













No comments:

Post a Comment